70-200mm F4 on A6000

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: 70-200mm F4 on A6000
In reply to 120 to 35, 8 months ago

Dandrewk wrote:

Thanks to this thread, I have reevaluated my want/need for the A7. It seems some posters think the ONLY reason for a small, mirror less camera is size. I tend to agree. Image sharpness, ease of use, lovely, natural color and saturation, EVF... etc. Who needs it? It's all size, size, size.

I have cancelled my order for the FE 70-200 because I can live without a lens that matches the quality of the A7. I am thinking of one of those 28-300mm F6.3 (variable) type zooms. I can deal with the awful image quality, lens droop and sag etc. These lenses are a lot smaller, and that's all that counts.

Or better yet, maybe I should ditch the A7 altogether and resume using one of my older cameras:

It's a lot smaller than the A7. That's all that matters. Now all I gotta do is find a source for 110 film cartridges and some place that still develops and prints them.

Your post is on the spot as far as the A7 is concerned. But the zoom is still large for the A7 or NEX body formats. There is the option of the A99 with a a more solid body which is better suited to large lenses such as the 70-200.

Many of us have been waiting patiently for E-mount telephoto primes. If we had the option of compact 85mm, 135mm and 200mm primes with good IQ then we would just forget about the zoom and leave it to those who really need it.

But, when I think of 70-200 lens on a camera like a77 or a99, I think of 70-200/2.8 which is considerably larger and heavier than the 70-200/4. In fact, that is the main reason I shoot with 200/2.8 which is the same size/weight as FE70-200 (but makes for a heavier combo since adapter is involved).

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow