Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,744Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 4 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Here are a couple of catches with the 7-14 from yesterday's little hike close to home. Would you have been able to tell that either of these are UWA shots if I hadn't let you know? And as you can see from the second shot, even the 7-14 can be pretty well behaved with regard to flare under the right circumstances.

The open oak fields ...

So I looked at this again and a question came to mind. In this scene you could easily use the 12-40 and backup a bit to get the same framing. What is the choice there? Lets say I was shooting a bird in a tree so I had my 50-200 on and now I want to shoot this scene. What do I consider in deciding between putting the 12-40 on vs the 7-14?

Move around for composition and perspective.  Choose lens focal length for framing and aperture for depth of field.

Is that what you're asking?

-- hide signature --
 richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow