70-200mm F4 on A6000

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,880Gear list
Like?
The Point
In reply to kcamacho11, 7 months ago

Versatility.

I "stick" a 200/2.8 via EA2 on NEX-6 regularly. In fact, I prefer the lens on NEX-6 compared to a55 as the latter combo won't fit in my sling whereas, with NEX-6 (and previously NEX-3), I have room to spare for additional lenses.

But if I had to pick only one camera body, I would pick NEX-6 between the two due to its versatility. I use NEX-6 as a camera that can cover both grounds: small and light (with 8mm, 20mm, 35mm or a 50-55mm prime) or as a DSLR/SLT substitute when size is not the key issue.

Now, if the argument is between lenses, I personally prefer faster, constant aperture lens. In fact, that is why E55-210 was rarely used. It competed against the beercan (70-210/4). Sure the beercan is longer (same length at any focal length), but usagewise much sturdier (when I want to use DH1758) and convenient (exposure variables independent of FL as well as no change in length of the lens as you zoom in/out... E55-210, ofcourse gets to the same length as beercan at 210mm).

Now, one may prefer the 55-210 for its OSS but when using tele zoom, I almost never shoot something static so stabilization is a moot point.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow