Senior MemberPosts: 2,149Gear list
Like?
Re: and i apologize in advance...
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 4 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Ednaz wrote:

...if you too become a UWA addict.

no i don't. GO WIDE!

It definitely opens up a whole new world of possibilities but if it is going to shrink distance objects of interest in my landscapes I'm going to have to learn to use it selectively. I'm thinking, for instance, that it would have been a bad choice for this shot because of the distant buildings make this photo, I believe...

Yes I agree with you that I don't think the UWA is the right lens to use for this.  I don't want to belabor the point, but the common mistake when someone see a big wide scenery in front of him is to immediately pull out the UWA.  Just keep in mind, UWA pushes things away from you, which makes distant big things small, while telephoto pull them in, which makes distant big object even bigger.  In this photo, if you are interested in the skyline, use a longer lens.  You could have uses a WA to show the sky and the reflection in the water, but then the very small skyline becomes a distraction.

G1Houston's gear list:G1Houston's gear list
Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow