Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Good Luck
In reply to Siobhan A, 8 months ago

dotborg wrote:

dotborg wrote:

Siobhan A wrote:

Siobhan A wrote:

I hope that is not the real FE 70-200. There is no advantage over a small DSLR.

How do you propose that they make a smaller 70-200mm f4 internal zoom?

Canon and nikon are smaller. Check diameters and see it could be smaller.

Totally insignificant differences.

A small difference in diameter equates to a larger difference in size due the nature of diameter vs. 3 dimensions. So could the Sony be smaller, yes. What is more significant is the focus ability of a DSLR over the A6000 which is either close to or behind the Nikon 1. The Nikon 1 is a step behind DSLRs. I advocate keeping a NEX 6 or 7 or A6000, but don't spend $1500 on this lens. Get a manual focus lens or get a DSLR and 70-200mm lens.

Post this question in the open forum to be fair if you wish and we can see what everyone says.

So, you suggest carrying a DSLR in addition to a mirrorless system in order to save a wee bit of diameter on one lens. Good plan.

No. I recommend buying a DSLR and lens if you plan on taking action pictures and saving some money too.  The DSLR will do a better job and won't miss near as much.  Still keep the smaller camera for when it is better.

My store just received an a6000.  During lunch we compared it to a D3300 and D5300.  The D3300 and D5300 were more comfortable to hold.  We put the 18-200 on the a6000.  Yuck.  That made my decision.  I am going the small DSLR route since there are still many focus problems being reported on the a6000.   Since I want longer lenses, size difference - and I check in person- is gone.

But my solution won't be a DSLR. If a6000 w/70-200 f/4 atleast matches my current choice (NEX-6+EA2+200/2.8), it will be outperforming these DSLRs and will be my personal pick for its awesome versatility.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow