ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
felixdacat
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
My 16-70/18-55 question from 8 months ago
3 months ago

When the new lenses were about to be released, I asked the following question:

Will there be a glut of 16-50, & 18-55 used lenses on Ebay?

Here are some of the responses I got back:

Why would that be? I would guess there is an order of magnitude more people using kit lenses than there ever be those buying $1G Zeiss. I don't think Zeiss will make any difference when it comes to kit lenses.

I don't think so, not everyone will sell kit lens for expensive Zeiss in this hard economic situation we are living in.

if you believe anyone other than a fanboy or one of the very few serious amateurs would drop $1000 on a Zeiss/G lens/zoom for a nex5/3 (vast majority of users) then you (like sony's old management) are living in cloud cukoo land .. its a bit like when Sony (old mgmt) sell >90% of their cameras in black they have the most popular lenses (eg SEL50) in chrome .. fanboy logic

Maybe a few more for a while, but I doubt a 'glut'. The 16-70 is a very expensive lens for most people...

Has anyone seen Ebay lately?  You are lucky to get $120 for an 18-55.

Losing 60% of value for a lens is pretty steep.

So I guess the 16-70 is pretty popular despite its price (and there hasn't been any significant sale on them yet).

-- hide signature --

FX
NEX-7, 18-55, 55-200
Canon Powershot S3
Former Pro Photographer
Nikon User 1977-2012
I know the difference between an F Stop and a Bus Stop

Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow