Bokeh comparison between Sigma, Otus and Nikkor 58mm

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
_sem_
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,267
Like?
Re: OOF blur?
In reply to HSway, 7 months ago

HSway wrote:

Yes I am sure we are looking at the result of the long consecutive transition phase of the blur, longer and more finely phased than usual thus projected over a longer distance in its effect. I see this in the pictures, I mean photographs, and recognize the specificity of this lens in that regard. Relation of this behaviour, okay feature, to various distances and its desirability will be open to experience, opinions and one’s own preference. More rapidly developing blur can be found more attractive and preferred in some instances or overall - and vice versa. I like it in the images but realize that first, there is many factors that make a particular image (let’s not reduce it suddenly to one property we just concentrate on), second, that it depends very much on a particular point of view. That’s why I talk about the differences and not about a superiority. Acknowledging the differences is sometimes more important and that’s, I reckon, the bottom line of things when it comes to 58/1.4G.

It would be interesting if someone could produce a similar comparative test that would show bokeh at a larger distance range than Lensalign, to show if a particular lens design can indeed dodge the usual rules of DoF.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow