ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neilm16
Regular MemberPosts: 360
Like?
Considering the A6000 or Nex6 and coming from Micro 4/3
6 months ago

Hi,

Just after some guidance please especially from those that have or have had micro 4/3 especiallly the G5 or G6 and also have purchased the Sony NEX6 or the new A6000.

I would really like to know if you feel the NEX sensor and the overall output is superior to what you have achieved with the Micro 4/3 cameras?

I have been looking on Flickr etc and I have to say the output for some reason from the NEX range tends to look more detailed and somewhat richer in tone and colour.

I have read some comments saying the Sony NEX sensor is way ahead of the Micro 4/3 and too be fair the DXO marks seems to back this up often showing the NEX sensors some 15 - 20 points ahead of the Micro 4/3. In fact the A6000 seems to have scored 82 and the Lumix G6 is on a much lower 61!

Are there any negatives with the NEX system compared to Micro 4/3?

I have also recently also purchased an RX10 and that scores a very impressive 69 but I would like to see if I can improve on that even further for portraits etc.

I really appreciate your views especially if you have come from one system or the other.

Many thanks

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow