Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,282Gear list
Like?
Re: Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?
In reply to kape06111, 6 months ago

kape06111 wrote:

I only read until page 2, but i really don´t understand why to compare these two cameras. The GX7 is the half of the price of the E-M1. They are totally different cameras and focuss on different groups. The comparisson would be Em1 vs GH4 and GX7 vs EM5 or EP5.

In this kind of cameras i prefer the shape of an EP5 or GX7 than a EM1.

Well, the topic of the discussion is not so much to compare the indeed two very different camera concepts, but to discuss, why people do post more about the E-M1. The same is actually true for other forums as well.

I think the reason is quite simple: the E-M1 sells better. The reason is that its form factor and features attracts more people, despite the higher price. The body has a better quality finish so the price seems more reasonable.

The GX7 on the other hand is still expensive so that many buyers can take the plunge to pay the price difference for the E-M1 anyway. In the semi professional category buyers do not turn every coin, but opt for the flagship instead.

For its compact form factor is has been discussed quite often that cameras like the E-P5 (more so than the GX7 even) and the GX7 have a too high price point.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow