What do you think of this MF lens? wide open at f2.8.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Rservello
Senior MemberPosts: 1,145Gear list
Like?
Re: Nice, but...
In reply to Great Bustard, 8 months ago

Great Bustard wrote:

Rservello wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

yfan wrote:

I am thinking about put it on ebay. It's overlap with my other lens. But somehow I feel reluctant let it go.

...not a lot of fine detail (even within the DOF) to tell how sharp it is, not to mention the photo is downsized, anyway (even the 1600 x 2400 original size is only 3.84 MP).

But, the quality of the blur looks very nice, and it is a cool pic. Thing is, it is a manual focus lens, and not many are into such lenses.

Lol. That couldn't be further from the truth!! Try shopping for a good mf lens and let me know how cheap they are because, "nobody is into such lenses". Lmao. This generation of photo enthusiast kids are so funny.

Well, for sure, some manual focus lenses, like the Zeiss Otus 55 / 1.4 and Zeiss 100 / 2 makro, are very expensive. But I still maintain that, as I said, "not many are into such lenses".

On the other hand, it does seem that a portion of the mFT crowd is rather fond of older lenses, AF or not, but they often discuss how little the lenses cost. Of course, I'm not talking about lenses like the Zeiss lenses I mentioned above.

When someone mentions how inexpensive older glass is, they mean it's now I. The $500-$1500 range where it used to be in the $4000-$10,000 range when brand new. Still not cheap. My 2 favorite current lenses are not old at all btw. Both are manual focus only.

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49019071@N03/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2334596/
* Sensitive Internet User Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and are not meant to offend you or damage your precious beliefs.

Rservello's gear list:Rservello's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Rokinon 85mm F1.4 Apple Aperture +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow