Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,298Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte
In reply to jeffharris, 4 months ago

jeffharris wrote:

Try changing the aspect ratio to 16:9 and shooting at 7mm!

This is one of my favorite things to do with the 7-14mm, because the wider frame, really takes advantage of that 114 degree field of view. Somehow, the vertical distortion of a 4:3 frame is more disconcerting than the shorter, wider 16:9 frame. I like doing "portrait" mode shots that way, too.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, or missing something important, it doesn't matter with the E-M1 and Lightroom. I could actually go back and reprocess that as a 16:9. Further, even if I set the camera up for 16:9 for framing purposes, once I got it into Lightroom I could process it as with all the info outside the 16:9 frame still there.

With Lightroom and the E-M1 the RAW file is the same no matter which aspect ration you set the camera to. The only difference is how the photo is rendered immediately when it is imported and what you see on the EVF/LCD in the field.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow