Very simple D3 questions

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Giordano
Contributing MemberPosts: 911Gear list
Like?
Re: Very simple D3 questions
In reply to Douglas K Fejer, 5 months ago

Douglas K Fejer wrote:

As a follow up, I just seem to be getting more than my usual out of focus shots.

I took some shots of a softball game recently with my old as dirt D2h along with my new 80-400 vr. I did not have a single shot that was out of focus and the shots just looked better than those taken recently with my D3. The D3 shots are not bad, just don't seem to have the usual "snap."

I will send the D3 to Nikon next week for service.

-- hide signature --

Doug Fejer,
Dallas, TX

It may not be the camera.  I had purchased a new 80-400 AFS and could not get a decent hit rate on focus with the specimen I had.  As a matter of fact, there are a few of my threads on the Nikon Lenses board regarding my troubles with the lens which I purchased when it was first released.   In my case, I think the VR was off or something because even at high shutter speeds, I was getting out of focus shots.  My keeper rate was very low around 60% which I felt was unacceptable.   I returned the lens to the seller as defective.  They couldn't send me a replacement since it was now back-ordered so I moved on to other choices.

You may want to do some testing with other lenses.

Al Giordano's gear list:Al Giordano's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow