Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
HSway
Senior MemberPosts: 2,756
Like?
Re: Bokeh comparison between Sigma, Otus and Nikkor 58mm
In reply to clarnibass, 8 months ago

clarnibass wrote:

HSway wrote:

Price, well, they know they would not sell many of these. So, you got say 50 buyers for 100% (of today’s) price. You can lower the price to 50% and get 80, maybe 85 buyers (I think I am generous here).

I understand the idea, but just one thing, it's better to compare the profit and their cost and not the cost of the lens to the customers. If they make e.g. 50% (random number) profit on each lens, then reducing the price 50% would mean no profit at all, no matter how many buy it. I have no idea what the profit margin on this lens is. It is also not possible to know whether making more of them would reduce cost significantly. That depends how many more, what would be necessary to make more, etc.

Yeah it’s just about the idea. Sometimes, with some product, given the possibility, right circumstances, the profit gain is best on the price that would seem improbable for it. Besides, setting the price can have other, say, indirect side factors and considerations (let’s take prestige, only for example) with low volume items, something that plays its role and makes the producer opting for the particular bracket (route). meaning in these lines.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow