yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 3,351
Like?
Re: So, ya try stuff...
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 8 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

yyr wrote:

I'd suggest you go back and try and get really close to that building, point the camera up and try again. And when I say close I mean a yard or two away.

When you try it yourself you will understand the difference better.

1. Get close to the foreground - close means no more than a few feet away if it's a building or sometimes at minimum focussing distance for smaller objects

Driving home from my sister's this evening I was near there at the blue hour so I decided to try again.

The building doesn't seem to lend itself to what you suggest because getting really close puts me under an overhang that doesn't allow the camera to see the top of the building, or much or it at all for that matter.

Anyway, I was there and the timing was pretty good so I decided to see what I could come up with.

This is the result. Please let me know what you really think. I figured I was going out there a bit, as it was, so I wasn't shy about being a bit aggressive in post. Feedback on that is also appreciated.

Fabulous - great shot.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow