Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
David A. Hamments
Senior MemberPosts: 1,247Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 Banding Issue...
In reply to BillD7000, 5 months ago

BillD7000 wrote:

Once again, NO SAMPLE IMAGES SUPPLIED.

I've shot with the D7100 since the day it was released. I can only provoke banding by lifting shadows by 3 stops... I can shoot with no problems, and get fine results, if properly exposed, all the way up to ISO6400.

The DR, color rendition, lack of noise and very high resolution are fantastic. and that's just talking about the sensor/processor. I'm sure my D7100 isn't unique...

+1  My experience is exactly the same Bill.... I just reviewed several hundred images in LR5 taken with the D7100 and various lenses.  I selected images that exhibited deep shadows with some detail, underexposed images and images taken at night with no detail in most of the sky.  I have to push ANY of the images about 3.5 stops before I see ANY banding at all.  I don't have a single image in which banding is evident when viewed normally or even blown up to 200%.  Banding is a non issue for me and my D7100.  IMHO, the D7100 is about as close as you can get to a perfect DX body on the market today (buffer issues not withstanding)...

Cheers and good light, D. Hamments
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/

David A. Hamments's gear list:David A. Hamments's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
THATNew
TrueNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow