Joseph Helmer, Toronto Fashion Week, March 20 2014

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 844Gear list
Like?
Re: Joseph Helmer, Toronto Fashion Week, March 20 2014
In reply to Kweide, 4 months ago

Kweide wrote:

What can i say ? I see models doing their job and you documented it well. But this is not my kind of photography. Such models do look like dead dolls, stiff walking, no expressions, no life, boring appearance. This is no critics against your pictures, just the nature of catwalk...

-- hide signature --

More of my work can be see her: ( some NSFW )
http://www.klaweide.de/

If you crop the shots they get very interesting with some of the models. It's the constant repetition of the surrounding space that can make it tedious when you shoot shows that have stark backgrounds.

whats tough is when the designers keep their logos or name "high" on a wall and you need them for an editor.  You end up with wide shots.

I'm assuming you were using an f/2.8 70-200? and shooting at an ISO that prevents too much of a crop without noise or excessive LUM/Noise in post.   Then you went to 3.2 to get a better DOF which added to the extra ISO need.

I don't think with the logo so high on the wall you could have done much better.  I'd go tighter next time with a few shots and see if the editor likes them....

-- hide signature --

Feel Always Humble - "FAH" - You'll Learn More

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow