>>>>Weekly "Is it ART?" Thread<<<< April 19, 2014

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Timj351
Senior MemberPosts: 1,930
Like?
Re: Wild Ride
In reply to Zindanfel, 4 months ago

Zindanfel wrote:

This is an inspired treatment of the monorail car emerging from EMP. The B&W choice perfectly emphasizes the metallic aspect of the scene, allowing a viewer to see it more "truthfully," in a way, without having to "see through" the bright, intense colors to grasp the reality of materials. (for those who haven't been there, the EMP is intense purplish-gold iridescent stainless steel, which towers and overwhelms an observer in the plaza.)

-- hide signature --

Zin

Thanks so much Zin. It's real easy to be swayed by the intense colors of this building but I found that in this image it actually distracted from the image where my focus was on the monorail and the children inside as well as the overall shapes and lines. I have taken this shot several times before but never could capture it right. I was much happier this time. It reinforces the idea of going back and reshooting the same places in order to improve your shots and explore new ideas.

-Tim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
TackNew
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow