Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
TQGroup
Contributing MemberPosts: 762Gear list
Like?
Re: Bokeh comparison between Sigma, Otus and Nikkor 58mm
In reply to Stacey_K, 5 months ago

Stacey_K wrote:

TQGroup wrote:

Finally, I am still waiting to review good images from the Sigma ART 50. If this lens proves to be a better "nifty fifty" than my existing Nikon 50 F1.8G, I will buy it and sell this Nikon.

But the sigma really isn't a nifty fifty at this size and weight..

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey, you are absolutely correct. However, if it has superb AF and a high level of across the frame sharpness, I could put up with the extra weight if I can shoot at say, F2 with superior results due to higher shutter speeds.

I can actually get away with "from the hip" shooting with my 24-85 VR on occasions so hopefully this will not be that much more awkward.

Correction:

I remembered that this Siggy had an initial rumoured weight of around 470 grams (DP Review) but I now see it weighs in at around 815 grams. Yikes! This lens weighs almost as much as the 900 gram 24-70 F2.8 Nikon. Was there a sale on cast iron in Japan?

This is certainly no "nifty fifty" and thank you very much, Stacey, for alerting me to this fact.

TQGroup's gear list:TQGroup's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow