Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
TQGroup
Contributing MemberPosts: 793Gear list
Like?
Re: Editing the images..
In reply to Edward Teller, 6 months ago

Edward Teller wrote:

Exactly.

Someone above made the assertion that, in post, you could adjust a 'sharp' image (implying the Sigma) to look like the rendering of the Nikkor 58. From real world images made with the 58mm which I have seen elsewhere, all I can say is "good luck with that."

Again, buy what moves you. There is a lot of heavy breathing going on in this thread which seems to imply that there are only two of these lenses vying for title of 'best', based on criteria that some seem exasperated not everyone shares. If I can paraphrase this worldview, "There is just no excuse in the year 2014 for the existence of an expensive 50 which is not so sharp that it can slice your retinas in half. Just no excuse." Well, since some people obviously prefer the Nikkor 58 rendering for certain applications, I guess there is an excuse.

You say tomahto, I say tomayto. Let it go.

Larry

Hey, Larry, that rhymes!

IMHO you are "right on the money".

This forum is confrontational because it dares to challenge a new paradigm... "we can do it all in Photoshop!"

Unfortunately, I am no longer "young enough to know everything anymore" so I beg to differ.

TQGroup's gear list:TQGroup's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow