With your 5D3 raw files, what's your lightroom develop workflow?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim Cassatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,210Gear list
Like?
Re: With your 5D3 raw files, what's your lightroom develop workflow?
In reply to The Photo Ninja, 3 months ago

Depends on what I a shooting.  These days I use my 5DMKIII mainly for portraits.  So I start at the top, adjusting exposure and wb plus contrast if necessary.  Sometimes I have to play with the shadows and highlightshighlights.  I generally don't sharpen portraits.  If I also want to do B&W, I will make a duplicate copy.  For any extensive retouching, I move to Photoshop.  Any final cropping or printing is done in LR.

For landscapes or cityscapes, I have been using my Fuji X-E2.  There I start at the bottom after first doing a global adjustment of the wb.  I love the Velvia setting.  It really pops the colors.  I then level and adjust the verticals.  Then I adjust the sharpening.  Moving up, I use selective color luminence and saturation, especially for the skies.  Moving further up, I adjust the exposure and contrast as needed and finish off bt playing with the clarity and vibrancy.

-- hide signature --
 Jim Cassatt's gear list:Jim Cassatt's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow