What are quirks and strengths of the K5ii?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,037Gear list
Like?
Thanks Dan
In reply to audiobomber, 8 months ago

I am making the calculations for field of view crop when I'm shopping. It's worth mentioning because I didn't state that I realize the difference. The 50-200mm on 4/3rds is pretty similar to the 60-250mm on Pentax so I think we could get along there. The pluses for the Zuiko is that it's longer (400 vs. 375), faster at f2.8-3.5 vs. f4, has really good closeup ability, and it's brilliantly cheap on the used market (at about $600 for the SWD and $450 for the non-SWD), and the 1.4x is also ~$300-450 rather than $600 for the Pentax 1.4x which seems a little insane imo. So therein lies the problem. I can't sell it and afford the Pentax despite it's advantages. If good used 60-250mm lenses were sitting around on Ebay for $500-600 that would be a different story.

The 11-22mm is a brilliant lens. Sharp corner to corner, completely sealed, and fast for a wide. (f2.8-3.5). Also really cheap on the used market. I love it and may keep it despite the move. So you see the depressing part about moving is that I'd have really great lenses and no updated DSLR body to put them on. I could sell them, but would still need about $2500+ cash after the sale to buy Pentax lenses that are their equal. Nikon and Canon are no better.

Best, Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow