Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Axford
Senior MemberPosts: 1,328
Like?
Re: Olympus has been in quality cameras much longer than Panasonic
In reply to ApertureAcolyte, 6 months ago

ApertureAcolyte wrote:

arbuz wrote:

Tom Axford wrote:

My own guess is that there are a lot more photographers emotionally attached to Olympus than there are to Panasonic. The reasons for this are largely historical: Olympus made film cameras that were well loved and they acquired a dedicated band of followers soon after the introduction of the first Olympus SLR in the 1970s.

+1. Emptional attachment to Olympus is visible in many posts or threads. Now, I wonder where would Olympus be if not panasonic bringing quality lens (20mm, F2.8 zooms, leicas )and fast AF (very good since GH1) when Olympus was iterating their slow pens (P1, P2 anyone?) with slow kit zooms. however emotinally charged people like to talk so they do.

I think it's more of the case that Olympus are more successful than Panasonic.

You and several others have made this point, but no-one has given a link or reference to any source for sales figures!

So I did a bit of searching myself and the best figures I could find were here, and they suggest that Olympus sell about twice as many ILCs as Panasonic.

Assuming this is correct, does it tally with the difference in the number of threads devoted to Olympus and to Panasonic? I'm not sure and I'm too lazy to count them to find out, but it certainly would explain a large part of the difference.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow