Street and Casual photography: A6000 or A7

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Dandrewk
Contributing MemberPosts: 749Gear list
Like?
Re: Shoot for 1 month with RX100
In reply to mfahim27753, 8 months ago

mfahim27753 wrote:

Thank you very much everyone. I really appreciate your feedback.

I do have a RX100 and love that little camera. But I was thinking of getting something with a bigger sensor, as a little zooming on RX100 increases the aperture and noise kicks in.

The new cameras are very good at noise handling, and I thought a bigger sensor camera would help keeping the noise level down. Also since my RX100 does not have articulated screen or a viewfinder, it is a bit difficult to stabilize it too.

I will try some more with the RX100 and see if I can get used to it

The RX100ii has the tilting screen and allows remote shutter release via WiFi.  I was able to sell my "old" RX100 and get an open-box RX100ii for about $50 more.  Having that screen and also being able to "live view" shoot/control via my iPhone or iPad makes it easier to be stealthy.

I misspoke (mispost?) earlier about an intervalometer app for the RX100ii.  I have one for the A7, but it doesn't work with the RX series.  It seems there should be one, since the RX100ii has WiFi.

Dandrewk's gear list:Dandrewk's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow