Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Bluephotons
Senior MemberPosts: 2,752Gear list
Like?
Re:Why the great difference in price GX-7 anEM1
In reply to Jim Salvas, 8 months ago

Jim Salvas wrote:

rkhndjr wrote:

Jim Salvas wrote:

rkhndjr wrote:

I am curious as to that price difference. What does the Oly have which makes it more expensive?

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Demand.

Wouldn't demand indicate some good reason to demand one over the other?

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

It doesn't have to. I used to run my own market research business and one thing we did for clients was calculate the worth of their brand. This was totally aside from features or benefits of the products. Just the brand can create more demand.

In other cases, demand can come from nothing more than public relations prowess and I think that is mostly the case here. Olympus did a great job of getting free exposure for this camera, which was trumpeted on virtually every photographic outlet in print or online. Panasonic, not so much.

I chose the E-M1 myself, but I can see that it can be a very close call between these two models, which each have their advantages. Panasonic doesn't lose mostly on merit. But it loses.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

Wouldn't demand indicate some good reason to demand one over the other?

Here are some reasons ,among others:

-- hide signature --

Bluephotons
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

Bluephotons's gear list:Bluephotons's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow