Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Paulmorgan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,706
Like?
Re: Ignorance?
In reply to gak44, 5 months ago

gak44 wrote:

For one thing, the GH4 is the competitor to the E-M1. The GX7 competes more with the E-M5. All are good cameras.

I've owned two each Panasonic and Olympus m43 bodies and eventually sold both the Olympus ones. The main reason was that the Panasonic G5 and GX7 menus are intuitive and easy to work with, while the E-M5 and Pen menus are not. Switching back and forth between the E-M5 and G5 was quite frustrating.

If you read this board often you will find many others share my opinion of the menu systems. Olympus menus are, at this stage, a lot like early renditions of BMW's iDrive; bad enough to outweigh the product's many virtues.

And please don't reply with "learn the menu system and adapt". Why would one encourage Olympus not to improve its software?

For one thing, the GH4 is the competitor to the E-M1. The GX7 competes more with the E-M5. All are good cameras.

I find the GX7 competes more with the EP5, the EM5 and GX7 are totally different beast

As for the Olympus menu system I find that it is just fine, the only problem I have is that I use both Pany and Olympus, and if I use one camera more than the other I start to got lost in the menus.

Be it Pany or Olympus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow