Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Northoceanbeach
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
Help me understand the lenses available for the a6000
8 months ago

I'm thinking about  getting this camera.  I am a beginner who is determined to be what I suppose is called an enthusiast quickly.  I'm looking into getting this camera when it comes out this Wednesday,  what I need a little help with now is the lenses.

1. Are there more available than the emount lenses on the sony site, any third party manufacturers that work without an adapter?

2. what three lenses would you start with, including the kit lens, or body only and then buying lenses.  I'd like an all around setup, typically to start a small zoom, a long zoom and a fast prime.

3. Rather than three lenses to start off with, would you rather have one or two of the more expensive ones, like zeiss?

4.  Are there any essential lenses for  this system, ones that really stand out and most agree are great.

5.  Are the zeiss worth the extra cost?

Northoceanbeach's gear list:Northoceanbeach's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon 1 J1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yup!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow