Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
rkhndjr
Forum ProPosts: 12,278
Like?
Re: Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?
In reply to Terry Cioni, 8 months ago

Terry Cioni wrote:

rkhndjr wrote:

Terry Cioni wrote:

I have both Olympus OMD (M1/M5) and Panasonic GX7/GH3 - I hope that is OK and I am not breaking any forum rules by doing that. I often mix Panasonic lenses with Olympus bodies and of course the other way around - again I hope that is OK and I won't get tossed into some sort of forum pit to be stoned.

I think one of the important advantages of m4/3 is the strength and weaknesses of all the players and their offerings - it is like going to a very good Easter Sunday breakfast smorgasbord - something for everybody.

I could spend a lot of time articulating my personal list of strengths and weakness list of various aspects of the M1 and GX7 but it has been done pretty well in the previous threads.

Just for fun... ** I am a manual exposure AUTO ISO shooter and Panny hasn't quite got that figured-out just yet - but I am not complaining because Olympus allows auto iso/manual exposure to work but no access to exposure comp - just the way it is and I can work around both. I though that I would throw this in because it hasn't been mentioned yet. ** Something I loved doing on my M1 was turning the iAuto mode to My Set 1.

We should be celebrating all the choices and not worrying about the number of posts for each camera on DPR... Does it really matter.

I don't even know why I am reading this post but am and enjoying it. Your reply seems sensible to me but to jump around a bit I wonder why many have so many cameras of any kind. I know it is a hobby and when you have the money why not buy what makes you happy. But having both as you do seems ludicrous to me but no more than all who have 5 or 6 cameras of all kinds. When do you all have time to get out and take pics without a huge bag full of lenses?

Cheers - Happy Easter - To All.

Russell, if you don't mind I am going to quote a very wise man on the subject..this applies at least in my case..

" My advice to anyone seeking it, is to stay active, stay interested and stay amazed."

My interest in cameras/photography keeps me active and amazed. I am retired and I shoot a great deal - I do some NGO work (meaning free) and I shoot an awful for myself to stay active. Most important it is all good fun and and I repeat this because it is important - keeps my mind, body and soul "active and amazed". My for play photography is on flick - www.flickr.com/photos/streetfusion

Terry, it just goes to show that things are not always as they seem. Thanks for this very nice reply. Keep on keeping on is what I am doing, but with just one camera and 2 lenses:-)) I have said many times that the sheer pleasure of taking a picture is what counts with me. I love the act of clicking that shutter and am not always looking at a prize winning subject, either.

-- hide signature --

--

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow