Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Joseph T Lewis III
Senior MemberPosts: 1,687Gear list
Like?
Re: Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?
In reply to Matix, 8 months ago

Matix wrote:

A very loaded question, but for me easy to answer.... my last overseas trip was to the UK, to took the GX7 and GH3, used both most of the time with 7-14mm on the GX7 and 12-35mm on the GH3. A very enjoyable experience, with just too many keepers... not a bad problem to have.

So, sold the GH3 with the plan to get the GH4 when it arrives as I have pre-ordered one. While waiting, I picked up an E-M1 as the sales person was so enthusiastic about it, and as you say the majority of posters on this site seem to be talking about it....4 days of Easter to learn and test the E-M1 I thought... 175 images and a lot of learning, programming, set up tweaks, reading on how best t set up for best results.. etc etc. Now I know why, it is easier to talk about it than use it, IMHO.....

A great camera for sure, but a little too retro for my tastes, too few programmable buttons, and the menu setup is quite daunting. Likely if I had started with an Olympus I could live with it, but have used several of the Panasonic G cameras, they are a lot easier to set up, and use!!

When I asked a few E-M1 users how to set up a button for the the 4 Myset's, which on a Panasonic are the C1, C2, C3,4 and 5, it was suggested that you can give up one of the Fn buttons for EACH of the 4 Mysets, or use the P,A,S,M or any of the Mode selector options????

I may be wrong, but I believe that one does not HAVE to assign Mysets to buttons or mode dial positions if one does not wish to do so.  In other words, one can simply use the menus to invoke a saved Myset in whatever shooting mode they are in.  However, due to the greater convenience, most people elect to assign a Myset to a button or dial.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Joseph T Lewis III's gear list:Joseph T Lewis III's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow