With your 5D3 raw files, what's your lightroom develop workflow?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,406
Like?
Re: What is CC ?
In reply to billythek, 3 months ago

billythek wrote:

billythek wrote:

billythek wrote:

"Yes, I am one of those suckers who fell for Adobe's insidious $10/month CC + LR deal. So far I like it."

Is it true that any files you save have to be saved to the CC (if that's how it's described) and if you stop paying your $10/month you can't open the files?

Where did you get that ridiculous idea? No. The application is run locally on your machine just like CS6. The is some storage on the cloud that you can use, but you don't have to.

The only requirement for internet is every 3 months the application needs to touch base with the license server.
--
- Bill

I read it on the internet. Really, it wasn't something I spontaneously made up.

How about, if you indeed save them locally but stop paying (therefore don't have CS6) can you open the files in CS5?

Why wouldn't you have CS6 if you wanted it? CS6 is different than CC.

If you save files as JPG or TIFF you can open them with pretty much anything. Not sure if you would have problems with opening PSD files from CC in CS6. I suspect not, but I haven't tried. But I don't use PSD files in my flow.
--
- Bill

AFIK, you can't buy just CS6, it has to be a part of the whole CC thing. Yes, you download CS6 to your computer but it reverts to being a "trial" if you stop paying your yearly or monthly subscription to CC.

Go on to Amazon and show me where I can indeed just buy a copy of CS6.

Study some more.
--
- Bill

Well, that was convoluted. I finally found out how on an Adobe forum:

"You can still upgrade from Photoshop CS5 to CS6. $199 USD for non-extended versions. It is a little hidden and very convoluted, but from Adobe home page go Products > Creative Suite 6 > Photoshop CS6 > Buy CS6 > Photoshop CS6> Buy ($699) and where it says "I want to buy: Full" click on "Full" dropdown menu and choose "Upgrade", then choose CS5 from the "I own" dropdown menu. You should see the price drop to $199"  Whew.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow