70-200mm F4 on A6000

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,852Gear list
Like?
Steven: good luck!! here is one for you to whet an appetite (alas, not mine)
In reply to Steven-T, 6 months ago

Steven-T wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

Steven-T wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

However much more interesting are the shots - esp. of fast action targets - that you might have captured with combo. In particular wide open at long end, and of small[ish] targets (dogs, kids) running straight at the lens !!

How about a beautiful Humming Bird (green-ish blue-ish orange-ish colors?), on the tree at the other side of the pond? And you want to get a clear view of the little babe dancing up-and-down left-and-right behind the tree branches on a shady day? Most probably need major cropping at home too . . .

Steven

...other than the Moth Hawk variety (also pretty tough to photograph, and even tougher to FIND). So... yes, that would be highly interesting too. No hands-on experience, though, but... perhaps mine EF 300/4L IS in manual-focusing mode would have a chance, esp. as it is optimized for MFD only 1.2 meters??

jpr2

Let me adapt my A7R onto my Nikkor AIS 800/5.6 and give the dancing Moth Hawk a try, if I can find one . . . No VR, No AF-S, No anything, just brute force, manual everything, with a Wimberley G-II on a Gitzo 5-4 . . . Will add a 2x TC if needed! Oh, what's a sunny day.

Steven

by the way, I was always wondering how it would be to... carry all that weight of Wimberlys, Gimbals, etc. (oh yes... not to forget the 800/5.6 monster )?

Hawk-moth by Mr. Chapel (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_chapel/3981029576/)

or should you prefer other angles (development stages).

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow