Street and Casual photography: A6000 or A7

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Gary H
Senior MemberPosts: 1,770Gear list
Like?
Re: Street and Casual photography: A6000 or A7
In reply to Fredy Ross, 8 months ago

Fredy Ross wrote:

I have the a7r too loud, I have the nex 6 and 5n not so loud but my best for street photography is my silent pocket rocket rx100ii on a wrist strap. Never miss a chance with it even if holding with one hand. prints quite large too. check it out as it got wonderful reviews and lives up to its claims. good luck

-- hide signature --

fredyr

Is a noisy shutter really an issue on the street? People are generally preoccupied in a not so silent environment. For me, an A7 is the way to go. I would think of the future. If you will eventually go FF then don't start out with the A6000 and find yourself having to rebuy lenses when you make the move. If you want small and silent in the perfect street garb, buy an x100s.. or even a used x100.... it is a new camera with the latest firmware. I have the Nex 6 & 7, lots of lenses, A7, 55mm f/1.8 and lots of Leica and Zeiss glass, x100s and x100. I shoot a good bit with film rangefinders and they are quiet and fun to shoot and auto focus only happens when I focus on a car. So, don't get caught up with small focusing differences..... Think of building a collection of quality lenses. The bodies will change over time. The next two years will see the FE lenses from Sony, Zeiss and I think ..the third party manufacturers.  The Rx100II also looks like a good place to start, but I still prefer the larger sensor and ptical viewfinder on the x100 series.

Gary H's gear list:Gary H's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow