Senior MemberPosts: 2,679Gear list
Like?
Well; that's just silly too.......
In reply to roustabout66, 5 months ago

roustabout66 wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

I haven't purchased from Canon since I got my 5D3 at its introduction.

I have spent a small fortune on Sony and will spend another small fortune next week on an A7R and a full compliment of lenses.

Canon has a lot of work to do before I buy from them again.

Sorry but Canon's aim is not to keep up with sony because sony is a moving target. Creating too many products and not concentrating on solid product lines. Like their boondoggle "Q" cameras, they are ready to let their a-mount die and go completely mirrorless regardless if their customers want an OVF.

I would be happy if they would start with a sensor that can go head-to-head with the one in my RX1.

Basically all image sensors are equal if you aren't into lifting shadows by 6 stops or under exposing by 6 stops and brightening the image. It's only the gadget junkies on here that call Canon image sensors poor - and that's a tiny percentage of camera users!

I can guarentee you "dollars to donuts" the you have no experience with Sonys current crop of cameras.

Based upon the losses in the camera division at Sony, it would seem that few people have any experience with Sony's current cameras. I would be more concerned with Sony dropping out of the camera market than Canon responding to any Sony camera.

One has nothing to do with other now does it?

The Sony FF mirrorless have been extremely popular  and are selling quite well.

While it is possible that Sony could collaspse I would doubt it very, very, much.  It is more likely that they would be bought or merge.

I could see a number of other companies folding before Sony.

The problem here is that only a handful of people shoot both companies and thus have a posteriori knowledge with regard to these comparisons.

Everybody else is either "internet learned" or a fanboy.

The simple truth is that anyone that works these files day-to-day will tell you that those coming out of the Sony FF cameras are on another plane.

That said; if it pleases individuals with emotional or economic attachments to Canon to hold and advance the notion that they are equal then that is fine by me…….

If you did you would never make those statements.

They are operating on another plane but if you like to think they are all equal be my guest.

Incidently - IBM and GM were other "too big to fail" companies that operated under the delusion that the industry revolved around them.

DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow