PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.04.19 -PART 2

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,558Gear list
Like?
Re: Swedish Yellow Duck
In reply to Ulric, 8 months ago

Ulric wrote:

Unfortunately there are only a few hundred left of this old breed, notable for its egg-laying capacity of up to 200 per year. This duckling is four weeks old.

Great photo.  Her lips and bent back fingers tell the story!  Reminds me of my kids 40 years ago when we had a small farm.  (No ducks, but geese and chickens along with varieties of 4-legged critters.)  No animals  on my current farm, except for an old f@rt, two doggies, feral cats and the odd deer, moose, rabbit, wolf, raccoon, etc.

Those ducks are HUGE for 4 weeks old.   Good/lotsa feed, eh?

I hope that you are sharing this photo widely to promote the continuation of this heritage breed.  We have similar issues over here as farming becomes "agribusiness", depleting the DNA pools of many species.  Fortunately we are seeing some small "organic" or "heritage" farms going against the trend.

Thanks for posting this.

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow