X-E2 overshadowed? (Or, I'll pass on the X-T1 for now.)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dick Ginkowski
Senior MemberPosts: 1,873Gear list
Like?
X-E2 overshadowed? (Or, I'll pass on the X-T1 for now.)
7 months ago

OK, now that I got you to read this I believe both the X-E2 and X-T1 are very good cameras but I think the X-E2 gets overshadowed here because of the excitement -- and issues -- surrounding the X-T1. This isn't a slam on the X-T1. Many years ago Canon introduced the EOS 3, a film camera many rated as nearly as good as the flagship EOS 1 which was substantially more expensive.

I played with the X-T1 and passed on it.  I thought it was good but seemed to be unnecessarily large (bear in mind I think the X-E2 is even a little bulky).  Nonetheless it was kind of "cute" and showed a lot of promise.

Remember that the X-E2 is not only a very good camera, it was a much needed upgrade from the X-E1. Fuji listened to the concerns about the predecessor and worked to iron them out. That's why I went with the X-E2 (with the X-E1 for a backup).  I'm almost willing to bet that when the X-T2 comes out it will likely have enhanced upon the X-T1 just as the X-E2 did from the X-E1.

We are all experts only in our own stories so I don't discount that there are folks who are justifiably high on the X-T1 but it seems that the X-E2, for a fairly new camera body, is almost all but forgotten here when it's a very competent camera that shouldn't be overlooked.  For now, I'll pass on the X-T1.  I have a feeling that the X-T2 will be one Hellacious camera which will be a refinement on the X-T1.

Dick Ginkowski's gear list:Dick Ginkowski's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 +20 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow