FD to M43 focal reducer problem, also which FD lens do you suggest ?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
AV Janus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,830Gear list
Like?
Re: FD to M43 focal reducer problem, also which FD lens do you suggest ?
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 4 months ago

Tom Caldwell wrote:

AV Janus wrote:

Sounds to me like you might need to modify the aperture tab, either on the lens caus its to long or on the adapter side. Sand ir down to a semi-circle profile.
I will post my pics tommorow. i had to mod the adapter tab for my 58mm f1.2 FL lens

It also depends on what side is the aperture sliding ring se while you are mounting the lens.

Unfortunately FD mount us very complicated to use quickly...
--
Rick Halle wrote:

" Keep in mind that tall buildings sway back and forth so they require faster shutter speeds."

None of the FL lenses will fit the Zhongyi or its derivatives except the FL 35mm f2.5 with the hump back which actually slips straight on (accident?) but will not fit the RJ (ever). However all other FD/FL lenses will fit straight on to the more roomy RJ design. A small flat filed into the FL lens aperture rod will allow them to be mounted on the Zhongyi.

Mounting FD/FL lenses is an acquired skill.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

It fits fine: but his is the mod I had to make.

Sanding of a aperture tab in the adapter to a semmi circle. now it works flawlessly.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3638106?page=3#forum-post-53348745

The other mod in my post was done on a AItoFD adapter it had a to tight inner tollerance and the lens brrech lock ring wouldnt turn enough to lock onto the lens more securely.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3638106?page=3#forum-post-53348745

-- hide signature --

Rick Halle wrote:
" Keep in mind that tall buildings sway back and forth so they require faster shutter speeds."

AV Janus's gear list:AV Janus's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow