Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Sergeg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,638Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D800 images featured in Asian Photography Magazine April 2014 issue
In reply to Suchit, 8 months ago

Suchit wrote:

Sergeg wrote:

Congrats, nice spread. Do these publications pay for freelance submissions, or do they consider it a prevelidge to publish your images?

Sergeg,

They do pay but it is a small amount. But I should stress on the word small.

It is a monthly magazine and I used to do a monthly regular travel feature with them. The Editor became a friend and so I would do it irrespective of the renumeration but yes, that is a tiny part and the fact that you are featured helps.

-- hide signature --

I used to get published regularly in several Australian Magazines, do tests, reviews of gear, software and even films stocks, before digital. With the advent of the Internet and internet publications, so much is expected for free because so much is available. The Stock Photo industry has been totally decimated by fly by night pimp outfits offering royalty free images for $1 or even free downloads. Photographers generally are being exploited more since now everyone thinks they are a photographer who takes snapshots with a P&S or their phones.

I used to write for Design Graphics and Broadcast Engineering News amongst other consumer mags, a feature article in DG or BEN, would net me $AU 1,000 - 1250, gone are those days!

Thanks for your reply, I was curious.

Sergeg's gear list:Sergeg's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D800 Pentax K-30 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow