Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Kirkdi
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
Re: Ignorance?
In reply to Beach Bum, 8 months ago

Beach Bum wrote:

Cane wrote:

These two m4/3 cameras seem like the two heavyweight rivals from Olymponic, yet the forum get 10 times the talk and traffic regarding the em-1. Why?

I find that a lot of people express their opinions based on ignorance of what else is out there. A lot of long time Olympus users here who can't be bothered to even learn about or try anything else. Hence, Oly is the best for them.

I have a GX7 and the GM1 on the way.  The GX7 came with the 20mm f1.7 and after selling the 12-32mm from the GM1 kit I will have spent the same amount for those three items as the cost of the E-M1.

I'm sure the E-M1 is a great camera but all the research I've done does not support a cost that is over twice as much as the GX7 when you subtract out the cost of the lens If purchased separately.

I also preferred the smaller body size  of the GX7 and the menu system.

Kirk

Kirkdi's gear list:Kirkdi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S110 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow