Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nigel Ward 2
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
X-T1 - secret upgrade?
5 months ago

I was lucky enough to have two X-T1's in front of me yesterday.

One is the first release batch...the second came on Friday from the Far East (saving me $$$/£££)

The difference is like night and day!

There is a loud "click" when using the selector buttons on the back, and they stick out more.  So much easier to select the focus points.

Also....the exposure compensation wheel can now be turned with just your thumb rather that having to use two fingers, although it's still much stiffer than the X100s.  A friend who had one from the new batch says the same.

Lens focussing is quicker (18-55mm), but I put this down to the firmware update already applied at the factory.

The only glitch is the shooting selector lever which I've knocked from single to HS a few times, and the/on off switch (I turn the camera off after every shot to save battery power)..which is a little too stiff and small for my large hands, and given me a sore finger.

I'm in the process of ordering the clear plastic self adhesive disks (£1.32 / $1.80) from ebay to stick down the ISO and shutter buttons..then it will be almost perfect 

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow