Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Matix
Senior MemberPosts: 1,062
Like?
Re: Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?
In reply to arbuz, 5 months ago

arbuz wrote:

ApertureAcolyte wrote:

arbuz wrote:

ApertureAcolyte wrote:

Matix wrote:

A great camera for sure, but a little too retro for my tastes, too few programmable buttons,

http://matix.zenfolio.com

LOL.

Thanks for sharing. he provided some resoning. you just tolling.

Someone claiming Olympus cameras have "too few programmable buttons" isn't reasonable.

He said panasonic G series has more and that's what he used to. If it his true then he is entitled to has his preferences. He also mentioned GH3 custom modes C1/2/3 which is clearly very good functionality, which should not be dismissed by "LOL".

Thanks, not too sure what the LOL was referring to, but perhaps to clarify for both of us... yes the E-M1 has a greater ability to program controls than the Panasonic.  I was referring to the fact that while virtually every control button, lever or rotating knob on the E-M1 can be programmed which is good, many of the suggestions that received meant that reprogramming a button, knob position etc, meant that the default setting was no longer available.

I believe that the Panasonic GX7 and for sure the GH3 have a more practical mode dial which means that Myset's on the E-M1 which could wipe out the P A S M etc, is less likely on the Panasonic as there are dedicated postions on the mode dial C1, C2 and 3 more at C3.

That means that, if one wanted to set up 4 custom Myset's or 4 Custom groups of settings, then this is better implemented on the Panasonic.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow