Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
z2122
Regular MemberPosts: 212Gear list
Like?
D610 ... best buy .. top performance
4 months ago

one month ago i used Canon APSc wih good lenses and now I am using Nikon D610 with primes (28, 50 1.8 g) and I am fully satisfied with the Nikon ..

Woow, what a camera

at the beginning I had problems with the new colour, specially at the sea on a sunny day, but this I could fix with WB and Picture Control changes . I am shooting now more jpegs, because I like them more than the nefs converted in LR 5 - I load the jpgs to LR5 and only a few pictures need some correction and simo minor light-corrections can be also done on a jpg - before having Nikon I did a lot of changes to the Canon raw-files ).

I also tried sometimes a Canon 5D MkII from a friend of mine with my lenses and the whole 5D mk II issue never pushed me to a FF .. there was not a big differnece compared to my APSC pictures. Maybe the 5D MkIII is better, but too expensive and important things are missing with the 5DIII in daily live (eg. Pop up Flash, Focus with f8 , dynamic range).

Here in europe we have not so many sunny days in winter and spring and yesterday on our easter-familiy-Meeting the D610 proofed how to do it right. Beside other things, I like to shoot family members - kids - because it is simply fun how the move and how you catch them and that are lovely memories. The small fill slash can help with pictures on the table and outside we had a cloudy day - no good light, but the pictures form the D610 are simply perfect out of the camera. I love the more intensive green, that makes the Pictures more "friendly" - not so bored and cloudy - and on the other hand skin tones stay natural (if you boost saturation you would have unnatural Skin tones and the tshirts from the Kids would look to much "Disney-like and I dont want to spent on each picture five minutes in post processing).

So I like it on the "dark side" of the camera world (the lenses are soo black - compared to my Canon 70-200f4IS . Looking forward to buy some other nice lenses .. (17-35 used ... maybe..) and make a lot of good looking pictures in any environment.

z2122's gear list:z2122's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow