Why does the forum shoot the em-1 and not gx7?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
wootpile
Regular MemberPosts: 235Gear list
Like?
Form factor and heritage
In reply to Cane, 8 months ago

I would guess that Panasonic has too many enthusiast labeled cameras on the market which are not top-notch and drag the brand down a bit. At least for me (apart from the GH series) the GX7 was the first to wow me. Maybe buyers carry impressions of all the bleak GF iterations when looking at the GX7. Oly outputs less m43 cameras but each one reeks of craftsmanship and delivers adequate results.

Add to that, a lot of shooters want something big or traditional enough in their hands to make an impression on folks around them  So the Em-1 wins there.

Seriously though, I think the tilting viewfinder on the GX7 is one serious put-off. It extends a bit and looks like it could get beaten up by your midriff, and I assume most shooter realize they won't be using the tilt function much since the screen also tilts.

Samsung did the same with their new NX-30. It's a put-off, and a bit of a gimmic that only adds more joints that will allow dust to enter the viewfinder.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow