Nikon 1 V3 impressions (yes, have one atm)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,385Gear list
Like?
Chromic bite
In reply to Raist3d, 8 months ago

I have to say for some shots, the Q7 really comes *real close* to what I am seeing on the V3. At least at web sizes and some reasonable print sizes.  Like real real close.

It's like the V3 at the lowest ISO has noise but at ISO 800 it can do better than expected- kinda weird. On the other hand I know Pentax is doing noise reduction on the Q since the very lowest ISO, and I get the impression perhaps Nikon isn't- so that's actually good in a way.

Now, this is the kind of thing I believe the V3 does better and a step towards m4/3rds, APS_C - a bit more tonality to be able to get a "chromic bite" (dxo film pack from LR).

While I have seen the Q7 do well here too, it often seems to be missing some extra tonal range in color...

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow