Nikon 1 V3 impressions (yes, have one atm)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,342Gear list
Like?
Musician & friend Matt
In reply to Raist3d, 8 months ago

F1.8 lens, as the sun was coming down (not a strong light).

Notes- I noticed that the V3 can indeed mis focus. This shot is not exactly in focus (but not horrible out of focus).

F1.8 the 18.5mm prime still seems pretty sharp but you have to watch for razor thin DOF if you are close.  Looks like the AF here when there's less light and a moving subject may not save you to get a tack sharp shot.  Maybe because it's a face.

Still not too bad.

This is from RAW, but I saw a few JPEG shots that suggests that I may shoot in JPEG sometime. I also noticed that though I have never been a fan of Nikon JPEG color, for some subjects and modes I tried it worked pretty decent and most importantly- Nikon does avoid posterization of colors very very well its seems.

This makes the JPEGS also partially editable.  I may definitively experiment with this (hey Nikon, if only you had an in-camera raw converter, darn it).

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow