A6000 AF at the dog park

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
abdoozy
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 AF at the dog park
In reply to Frag01, 6 months ago

Frag01 wrote:

I'm thinking that maybe the OP doesn't have the lens corrections on? Here are some I took at the dog park today and didn't see such vignetting. These are straight out if the camera Jpegs (figuring out what to do about Raw files until Aperture catches up). Pls keep in mind these are just test shots and certainy won't win any awards for composition, etc. Shutter speed and technique could stand some improvement but I was pretty impressed with the camera overall...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96217212@N04/sets/72157644160022434/

Also the OP stated that he didn't think the autofocus was faster than NEX-6. While I can't speak to that I can certainly say that it's in a different league than my NEX-7 and much faster than my former Canon 7D and 5DMkII.

No, the OP did *not* state he didn't think the autofocus was faster. He said he couldn't say if it WAS faster or not based on lack of experience. Big difference.

As for lens corrections -- as mentioned, I didn't drill into the menus at all, and it's possible the corrections were not turned on. Looking at the camera right now I see "Distortion Comp." is set to Off as the factory default. Could this have made a difference? Is there another place to set lens corrections in the menu?

-- hide signature --

yr. obt. svt.,
abdoozy
WSSA Member#160

abdoozy's gear list:abdoozy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow