Is this the best I can expect from D800?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
The Good Camera / Bad Lens Paradox
In reply to Sergeg, 3 months ago

These good shots, Sergeg--good moments, color, light. But your lenses really aren't doing you any favors--they are not sharp at all. (They aren't nearly as crisp as the OP's photograph, and even the OP isn't happy about that!) The second one is particularly out.

Your samples and your invitation to look at them closely reaffirms, for me, that it's better to shoot a bad camera with excellent lenses than it is to shoot an excellent camera with lousy lenses.

Sergeg wrote:

I've been shooting with Tamrons for a long time and am very happy with their performance.

When I picked up my D800 body, all I had with me was a trusted old 28~200, here is the very first shot I took with it at 1/60 and wide open.

I bought the Tamron SP 24~70 soon after and here is a shot wide open in contrasty available light. Mind you results have been varied from both lenses, but I attribute that to the parameters at play at the time. The combination is however very capable of producing excellent results.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow