Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
66GTO
Regular MemberPosts: 231Gear list
Like?
Shooting Square
8 months ago

What I would really like is the ability to compose and shoot square images with a digital camera that is not just a point and shoot size, maybe a full frame DSLR. So far I have not found one that offers the opportunity for me to do that. It should not be hard to offer. Any ideas?

Cropping after the fact in software is NOT the same as composing a square image in the viewfinder as I shoot. If I had the expertise of an engineer I would design my own, but I am stuck waiting for what I want. There has to be a way. The major sensor makers offer rectangular sensors. When the original Pentax 645D and Leica S were offered, it was with Kodak sensors that were stitched together for more megapixels. Until Kodak went bankrupt. If they can stitch sensors for a rectangle they should be able to stitch them to a square. I would really like one. There have to be more besides me that would as well.

-- hide signature --

Crazy old man! Slow down. You are way too old to be
hunting hemi's in that 66GTO.

66GTO's gear list:66GTO's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 Nikon D7000 Nikon Df
Pentax 645D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow