ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fwellers
Regular MemberPosts: 206
Like?
Why the Noise on my DF ?
4 months ago

Hi,

I just bought a DF this week to replace my D700 as my daily camera. On my D700 I pretty much never used auto-iso unless I was changing lighting situations a lot. But I figured I'd try it on the DF since it's supposed to have such clean high ISO files.

Well I think that either I got a bad camera, or I am doing something wrong that I never noticed before.

I have two quick pics I took , the dog is at ISO 1250 and the sunset is at ISO 2200.

These jpgs have been converted to tiff in Cnx2, had a little contrast added in Nik Cep, and because of the noise, I ran them through the default automatic mode in Nik define.

While it cleaned them up a little, you can still see a lot of noise in them. I don't get it. I didn't push the exposure up in post at all, I don't have Active D lighting turned on in the camera, I just let auto iso do it's thing.

I've seen many very clean images on this site at ISO 6400 and 12800, and I have all kinds of noise at only iso 1250 and 2200 ??

Can someone please explain why ? Did I get a broken camera, or is the photographer broken ?

Thanks,

floyd

-- hide signature --

Peace,
Floyd

Nikon D700 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow