a bit confused: practicality of DSLR vs non DSLR cameras

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,551
Like?
Re: a bit confused: practicality of DSLR vs non DSLR cameras
In reply to crashpc, 3 months ago

crashpc wrote:

They know very well that If they literally drop their current customers and make all current lenses unusable and obsolete, it would be damn easy (powered by anger) to think it trough and just rebrand as angry customer. This is not gonna happen. Not a chance.

Well as a former FL AND an FD user I know Canon has done it before, and I have no doubt they will do it again when they see it as being in their interests.  I attribute no sense of consumer interest in any camera company including Samsung or Olympus.  Indeed, we only need to look at Oly DSLR users to see recent examples of a company acting in its own best interest.

As regards to Canon, the change from FL to FD and then on to something else; this happened when they were just another 2nd tier manufacturer and NOT the predominant camera manufacturer it was in all three cases the technology HAD to change to take the technological high ground.  But now, I think 4/3s, Sony, and Fujifilm have the tech high ground and Canon and Nikon will have to bump someone off, because I don't think there is room for 5 competing systems on that hill.

I don't really care who winds up fat and happy on that hill so long as I can keep on taking pictures the way I want.

Nikon used to be #1 with Canon a very distant 2nd place.  So it isn't all that long ago THAT upheaval took place, there is nothing I can see that will prevent another upheaval.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow