Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,074Gear list
Like?
Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte
7 months ago

As of yesterday afternoon, I am the proud owner of what was formerly Bob Tullis' Panasonic 7-14 lens. It came complete with Anders' Purple Blob modification installed.

I went out this morning to give it a whirl and mother nature did not cooperate to say the least. I took it as a good thing, though. I could experiment and focus on fundamentals without worrying about messing up fabulous opportunities. Although, it did mean that I didn't get to practice much with sun spots.

I am looking primarily for feedback on how to execute better in preparation for a time when there are fabulous opportunities to mess shots up.

I am posting some comments on each shot here for easier quoting purposes and in the caption on the images themselves for easier reference while you are viewing them.

For the most part I did perspective correction using Lightroom's automatic function only. I didn't want to fix too much because I wanted you to see the distortion you could tell me how to get it right in the field.

1. This building is cylindrical.
  2. The river isn't that wide and the buildings aren't that small.
  3. Same building as the first shot. Note the odd elliptical shape near the top.
  4. This building looks a lot bigger from here in real life.
  5. The sun finally poked out for a moment so I rushed to catch it and Wham! sun spots. Note the sun on the foreground wood.
  6. Trying to have near foreground items.
  7. I've photographed this hotel before but was never able to capture so much at once.

This building is cylindrical.

The river isn't that wide and the buildings aren't that small.

Same building as the first shot. Note the odd elliptical shape near the top.

This building looks a lot bigger from here in real life.

The sun finally poked out for a moment so I rushed to catch it and Wham! sun spots. Note the sun on the foreground wood.

Trying to have near foreground items.

I've photographed this hotel before but was never able to capture so much at once.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow