Digital Nigel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,144Gear list
Like?
Re: re: if only rx100...
In reply to jpr2, 5 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

Fredy Ross wrote:

I have the a7r too loud, I have the nex 6 and 5n not so loud but my best for street photography is my silent pocket rocket rx100ii on a wrist strap. Never miss a chance with it even if holding with one hand. prints quite large too. check it out as it got wonderful reviews and lives up to its claims. good luck

The flip out screen would help, too -- it lets you hold the camera at waist level (or over your head). That's not something you can do with the original RX100. I'd say it was the main advantage of the m2 over the m1.

...could capture shallow DOF, but alas this would be too much to ask from a 1" sensored cam; because yes, silent (or less noisy) a shutter is big plus on street, as is fully articulated flippy screen

Actually, for street photography, I'm not sure shallow DoF is an advantage; more often, it's a disadvantage. And if you do want it, the RX100's f/1.8 at the wide end is useful.

As for noise, the RX100's shutter is essentially silent in an outdoor context. Obviously, you should turn off all synthetic, electronic noises, but I do that with all cameras anyway.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow